Sunday, May 14, 2017

What geezers think about- No. 1

I've had this flannel shirt for like 20 years, a gift from my ex-mother-in-law (Idamay!) and it has been my favorite, and mostly only, flannel shirt. But, the right sleeve has always been longer than the left (a minor issue that became over the years an endearing and indeed nostalgic aspect of the shirt). Recently I bought a new flannel shirt of similar color, figuring it was probably time to let go of the past. Got it home, washed and dried it for first use, and lo-and-behold, the right sleeve is longer than the left.

This got me to thinking. Are flannel shirts, maybe all flannel shirts, made with the right sleeve slightly longer? It does seem possible what with the low quality and lax standards of world-wide flannel shirt manufacturing. Or is it done intenionally, as a snub to Western consumers, who probably wouldn't notice the différence between good flannel and a cotton/rayon blend, much less the length of a sleeve?

or, my right arm is shrinking......

or, my left arm is growing.

frightening thoughts


No comments:

watchtower