Sunday, December 2, 2018

David Crosby 'Vow of Hair'

Almost cut my hair
Happened just the other day
It's gettin' kind of long
I could've said it was in my way
But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it, yeah ... to someone, yeah


After years of procrastination, I finally decided to take the Vow sometime during the fall of 2016. And yes, I still got hair, and it was just lying around (or blowing around or whatever hair does) and putting up with the occasional 'trim' which sometimes was disastrous and a general embarrassment.... "Hey professor; nice haircut". Now, all people can say is "he took the Vow", and wonder why the hell they went bald at age 35. 

I certainly don't know. Its a mystery.

The Vow does allow a certain latitude in your relationship with the hair-dresser person, and yes you can visit the hair-dresser but only under the following conditions: 

Your hair must be "annoying you", or, your significant other says the dreaded words, "you need a trim". 

Only these 2 conditions can compel you to visit the hair-dresser person, and according to the Vow, you must tell the hair-dresser person exactly these words: "You can cut my hair, but when I walk out of here, my hair must be longer than when I walked in".

The Vow is not to be taken lightly- its seriousness or gravitas is on the order of the sacred Vow of Weed, "Smoke 'em if you got 'em". 

In other words, "grow it if you got it". 

    -- db desgnr


No comments:

watchtower